Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The boys both have been having these demon-possessed, body-convulsing, leg-kicking, full body tantrums lately. I'm not even exaggerating. Over ridiculous things. Miniscule things.

I’m not sure how other moms react to their kid’s bad behavior, but I haven’t always handled it so well. When the disobedience sets in and the crying ensues, I can feel by body tempature heating and my blood pressure rising. Until recently (as in like the past 5 or 6 days) I’ve really taken a different approach.

If the kicking isn't too bad, I hold them and ignore it. The other day, I was holding both of them while they were screeching hysterically. I closed my eyes and told myself to stay calm. I tuned them out and the first thing that popped into my mind was Psalm 46:10. Which is odd because it really didn't directly apply to the current situation. But it helped, and I felt strangely at peace. So thats my new technique. It works for me, and I thought maybe it might work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!