Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Monday, August 16, 2010

Oops...

My babies had ear infections/really didn't feel good last week, therefore we were unable to go to church. A few days ago the boys' Wednesday night music teacher from church texted me to let me know their class would be singing at the start of the service on Sunday. I told the boys and they were sooo excited about it. Especially Carson. He has talked n.o.n.s.t.o.p. about it for days now. Well yesterday (Sunday) we got ready and left a few minutes early to make sure we got a good seat. Church typically starts at 10:45 so when we pulled into the church at 10:35 (early by our standards!) Carson was practically beside himself with excitement.

And then I saw it.

Right there on our church's billboard.

The same sign I have passed at least 20+ times in the past week.

"Singspiration August 15. 10 AM."

We were late.

My heart sunk. Kane and I stared at each other and then silently parked. I turned around at Carson and told him he wasn't going to be able to sing at church today. His eyes filled with tears and voice cracking asked, "why mama?" I told him we were late and that his class already sang. Thats all his little heart could take and he burst into tears. And he cried. And he cried some more.

I know ya'll are probably thinking right about now. "Big deal."

But it made my heart ache. It still does. This was the first time in Carson's 3 years of his life that he really felt disappointment.

And it was my fault.

Believe me, Kane and I have made our share of parenting mistakes. But this was the first time we really let him down. We dropped the ball.

I wish I could protect him from disapointment. But I know that he will have his share of it throughout his life. This is just the first of many.

Carson will soon realize that mommy isn't perfect and no, Daddy isn't all that funny. (ha!) I just hope that realization doesn't come for many years! ;)

On a completely and utterly different note, I found this picture of my mom today and Kane swears I look just like her. The picture was taken in the seventies when she was around my age.

So what do you think? Do I look like my mom?? I always thought I had my mom's skintone and my dad's facial features, but its hard to say when your biracial!



I wouldn't mind if ya'll think I did. She's beautiful! But I do think I have a lot of the Rivenbark features. You know, the hog jowls and nose. And teeth...

Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!