Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Monday, October 25, 2010

Post-Op Pictures...

Warning:

The following pictures are not for the faint of heart.
.......................................................................................................

The first picture posted was when I took the bandages off 3 days post-op. As you can see, the gauze was stuck to the wound. It took two days and two baths to finally get it to come off. Oh and did I mention if I so much as looked at Harp's toe, he would shriek hysterically? Yup...it has made for an interesting week...



            Okay, the next two pictures are what the wound looks like 4 days post-op. As your about to see, it's not very pretty... 



Have you lost your appetite yet?? :)

I take the bandages off everyday and change them, and I am amazed as how much better his toe looks each time I see it! I haven't had a chance to upload any more-current pictures, but I must say, 6 days post-op looks tremendously better!

Harper hasn't quite made it back into wearing a shoe yet...I'm hoping by Halloween weekend he'll be ready for one.

I've noticed that second time around has taken a bit longer to heal....We have his post-op appointment next week, so we will know if his toe is healing correctly. And as for whether or not the surgery was successful...well, we won't really know for a few more months.

All for now...

3 comments:

  1. oh dear... this looks painful to me... poor little Harper!! Praying for his speedy recovery...

    thanks for keeping us posted. Have a good week!!

    Love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Your poor baby!! I pray it heals up quickly and that you won't have to go through it ever again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!