Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Monday, July 29, 2013

summer days: random post.

I don't know about you all, but I feel like these summer days are just flying by. I really love having the boys home with me all day in the summer, and I hate that school starts back up in less then a month! :( I'm really going to miss those stinkers during the day...It's not always easy with them, but I love our carefree schedule. I love just hopping in the van to go for a quick swim at my parents, or to Target for an icee. 

********

We've had a busy last few weeks! Kane's oldest brother, wife, and their two kids came in for the week a few weeks ago. We had so much fun visiting, going to the beach, shopping and cooking-out. We don't get to see them too often, so it was so great connecting with them!  The boys also had a blast with their only boy cousin from Kane's side :) (They have SEVEN girl first-cousins, and only 1 boy first-cousin from Kane's side!)


I have been in a HUGE cleaning/rearranging/painting mood lately. It's hard to get things done with a certain 17 month old following me around, but I do what I can, when I can! Hopefully I'll have some before/after furniture pics up soon! 

speaking of that 17 month old: 


have i mentioned lately how much I love that baby?!

******

A few times a week, Harp will [voluntarily] do flashcards and work on reading. He just started reading sentences, and we are going to start beginner books this week!



And this kid? He is a little fish this summer!


*******

Last Friday night, Kane and I volunteered with new church at our first Summer Jam. Games, music, food, and the Gospel is brought into low-income neighborhoods...we had such a good time and was SO blessed from it. We have another summer jam this Friday and I am really looking forward to it! I LOVE this kind of outreach and am SO grateful new church has this ministry...especially since a lot of churches would never step foot in "this kind" of neighborhood.



******
all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!