Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A few days ago, the boys were in my parents kitchen when Carson decided to snatch a toy from Harp. Harper shuffled over to Carson, grabbed his toy back, knelt down eye level to Carson (who was sitting on the floor) and said:

"Cargon- Don't eva, EVA do dat again!"


I LOVE to hear Harper talk-When Carson was 24 months, he had a 7 month speech delay, so he was basically mute (he had a vocabulary of about 15 words). After a few months of speech therapy, his speech improved greatly, and by the time he was 2 1/2, he was jabbering all day. The week he turned 3, he "graduated" from speech therapy all together.

What I'm about to say may sound selfish, but I guess I love Harp talking so much (and clearly) at 24 months is that it comforts me to know that Carson had a genuine problem, and it wasn't a result of me; that his speech delay was not my fault. Because believe me, I felt that way for awhile. Around Carson's second birthday was when Kane and I separated, and so I often blamed myself for Carson's lack of speech.

So...if I ever make Harper repeat something for you that he said to me...I'm doing it because I simply want to hear him talk, not for you to hear him. Ha!

Selfish, but true...


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!