Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Friday, April 9, 2010

the miracle pot?

It's that time of year again...The flowers are blooming, grass is growing, and the world is covered in a not so pleasant color of yellow.

A few months ago, I watched an Oprah episode where Dr.Oz presented a product for allergy relief, sinus infections and nasal congestion that is safe for anyone to use. Okay, I'm listening!

Dr.Oz had a woman "randomly" selected from the audience to demonstate how to use this product, The Neti Pot. She gracefully tilted her head, and demonstrated how to cleanse your sinuses with this clever product. Sounds easy enough! And perhaps too good to be true?

So a few days later, I stopped by Walgreens and picked a pot up.

I'm not going to lie, my first experience(s) were not so pleasant. Or "life changing" as an Oprah producer adamently professed. And the process was anything but graceful.

However, once I got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad. And (gasp!) it actually does work.

So anyways, I do recommend this product to anyone who is suffering from allergies. Once you get the hang of it, it works miracles (okay, I might be exaggerating a bit). But it does an amazing job of cleaning out all allergens that are swimming around in your nasals.

There are multiple brands of the Neti Pot. I personally chose the Walgreens version for about $8. You can find it in the Colds and Allergy section. I know for sure Walgreens and Walmart both have it, but I couldn't find it at CVS, and haven't checked  for it anywhere else.



Oh and in the directions it instructs something to the effect of "Until you become accustomed to the Neti Pot, only use half a packet of the saline solution."

I cannot encourage you all enough to FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION! I didn't. I used a full packet, and I'm serious when I say, I almost died. Seriously. Okay not seriously, but it was bad. I was coughing and choking and crying and dying simultaneously.

I don't think I will be getting any offers from Walgreens to endorse their products anytime soon. Ha! But it really does work. Most of the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!