Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Thursday, May 6, 2010

I will carry you


We do not choose suffering simply because we are told to, but because the one who tells us to describes it as the path to everlasting joy.
-John Piper


I decided I would enjoy my summer reading books.

So last week I ordered a book that I heard about.

It is called, "I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith.

the only word that comes to mind in explaining this story is profound.


that is it. profound.

the book briefly tells the account of Angie Smith's daughter, Audrey Caroline, who was diagonsed with multiple ailments during Angie's pregnancy that were consistent with being "incompatible with life." Angie chose to carry her anyways, and when Audrey was born, lived for over two hours. The book is more focused on the emotions of Angie and her husband, Todd (lead singer from Selah), and how they managed to maintain their faith in the Lord, even in their darkest hours.

she has a blog that i browse when i have a chance.

she wrote a letter to her daughter that was first featured on her blog, and then again in her book.

Anyways, i just wanted to encourage everyone to please read the letter. It is by far the most beautiful letter I have ever read.

I also would encourage you all to follow this link to hear the song written for Audrey Caroline by her father.

cheers





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!