Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Monday, January 14, 2013

he made me mom

Six years ago today, Carson made me mom. I was young, scared, and had no idea how much this baby-MY baby-would change my heart & life forever. I read the pregnancy books and a half  dozen "How to Care for Your Baby" books, but no one prepared me for how my heart would be flooded with so much love, so much joy when a screaming 7lb, 7.7oz baby was placed in my arms. 

Carson is a special kid- He is our first-born, so of course he is a major source of pride for us. He is so so smart. And as proud of him as I am for his thirst for learning, I am even more proud of his kind heart. He loves to please us, and make us happy. He is always thinking of others, faithfully praying for his friends and people in the community every evening.  He is beginning to grasp a knowledge of the world around him, yet his innocence is still so evident.

A few weeks ago, I had a conference with his teacher. She told me that they were sitting on the carpet talking about space/planets,  etc. when a little boy shouted out that God was dead. Carson quickly spoke up, explaining to his classmates that God was not dead, and then went on to explain the concept of the trinity to the class. His teacher was so proud of him, although she couldn't say anything in class. We are pretty proud of him, too.

He is such a good big brother. He worries about Harper and always keeps a careful watch on Grant. They both love him so much, and I am so thankful they have each other.



We love you so much Carson-you are such an incredible blessing in our lives.
Happy 6th Birthday!

****************************
Children are a heritage from the Lordoffspring a reward from him.

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
    whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!