Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Adios, Cinnamon Toast!

School is OUT for the summer!

Last Friday was Carson's last day of Kindergarten and Harp's last day of preschool! It was a scheduled half day anyways, and there was a 1 hr delay due to a tropical storm that passed through, which meant Friday was a 2.5 hour day. I didn't bother sending Harp because it would have been pointless, but I did send Carson just because he has missed SO much school this year from being sick-I figured he could "tough it out" (aka spend time with his friends) for a few hours.

First & Last day of Kindergarten!

First and Last day of Preschool!

Thursday was a busy day of awards ceremonies. Carson's Kindergarten graduation was very sweet-the kids marched in with their teachers singing and dancing and then each class sang a song-except for Carson's class who went last and put on a short play to a popular book Pete the Cat. Carson's part was to read a passage from the book-he did SOO good! Here's a short snippet:

**Grant was a MESS during the ceremony :/ So Kane was busy wrangling him while I filmed with one hand and tried to take pictures with the other. The filming is a little wobbly-and you'll probably hear Grant scream out a few times and hear him wave car keys, too.


Afterwards, we went to his class where he received his awards-his teacher had such kind words to say about him-we have a video of it all, but I'll spare the blog world the brag-fest ;)





Next we were off to Harp's school. Thankfully, my parents met me at my house and watched Grant for me so I could hear Harp's awards in peace-I have no idea what his deal was, but he was a horrible mess.

I am SO proud of Harper and how much he has matured this year is preschool. He did so well and made so many of his own friends. His teacher was a little emotional handing out awards, but here is a short snippet what she had to say about Harp:

*he won the Nerds Award for his "Intelligence and Hard Work in All Areas" :)

**blogger's being dumb right now...I'll try and upload it later.



I'm so proud of my boys, and we are SO excited for summertime! It's going to start off kinda stinky-Monday we have Grant's 15 month check-up and Tuesday Harp will have surgery to remove his tonsils and adenoids...but once we get over that hump, we'll be enjoying our lazy days at the beach and pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!