Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas 2013

I just LOVE this time of year. I love gathering with our families, singing praises in church, eating, laughing, and just being together. A time to reflect and remember the ultimate promise that was fulfilled. There is so much excitement and hope in the air! 

Our Christmas is spread out over a course of several days. Our Christmas Eve is always spent with Kane's mom, his sister, and her husband and daughter. Our niece and the boys just LOVE each other so much...she's definitely the closet thing to a sister they'll ever have! :)

We went to my MIL's church for the Christmas Eve service, followed by dinner at her home, coffee & desert, and of course some present opening! :) Last year we started a new tradition of drawing names for the present exchange instead of trying to buy all the adults (including Kane's other two brothers and their wives!) presents, and it works out SO well!

Here are a few pics from Christmas Eve...It's a running joke that my MIL always buys the funniest PJs for the kids...she did not disappoint this year, lol!






Christmas Morning the boys were up around 7...not too bad, I guess....ha! We try to keep things simple when it comes to gifts...they get 4-5 presents from us and practical stocking gifts-new spin toothbrushes, bath sponges, bedroom slippers, etc. 

I was nervous about the stockings falling off the mantle overnight, so I propped them up instead. Also can you spy the little guy sitting on the presents with glasses? So excited about finding him for Grant!

I'm so bummed this picture came out blurry!




After presents are opened and all (*I HATE this, but I didn't get any pictures for the rest of the day), we got ready and headed to my parents house for breakfast/brunch.  This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas! :) What can I say? The record player is playing Christmas tunes, a table full of breakfast food and a pot of coffee.

After we ate, we opened more presents and relaxed.... watched movies and the kids played with their new toys and gadgets the rest of the day, pausing only for Christmas dinner, of course.

We finished up our Christmas on Saturday with Kane's dad, his wife, and Kane's grandparents (And Kane's sister and daughter, of course) . We drove to Sanford yesterday and spent the day with them...I'm so glad we were able to see them because they are the only living great grandparents the boys have...They live in Ohio, and we are only able to see them a few times a year.

Stole these pics from my SIL's FB :) 


You can't tell from the pic, but that is an Electric Guitar and and amp Harp is opening up there...yeah....Ear Plugs. ahem.







So the Christmas Festivities are now officially over for the year! It's a little late, but we wish you all a Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!