Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Looking Back

I definitely did not blog as much in 2013 as I have in previous years, and I have no expectations for this year either...but even so\, I thought it would be fun to  look back at what our family's 2013 looked like!

2013 Review: 
(click the links to take you to the original post!)

We started off our January with Carson turning SIX. We took him out for some family fun, and had a small party at our home.  

I wrote a post in late January explaining a bit about Grant's eyes. It has brought in hundreds of views and emails from people around the world wanting to talk to me, as their own child has a similar condition. 

In early February, God answered a HUGE prayer of ours...tests revealed that the vascular malformation in Harp's thigh had NOT grown!

In late February, our sweet baby Grant turned ONE! We celebrated at our home with our family.

In early March, Kane and I snuck away for the weekend to Richmond to see his brother get married! It was my first time leaving Grant, but we all survived and had a great time! :)

I also wrote a quick post in March updating what was going on in our home such as Carson taking the training wheels off his bicycle, Harp having two loose teeth, and what Grant is like at 13 months.

We started off April with Harper turning FIVE! We had a fun Spidey Bash to celebrate his big day!

I wrote a post in April expressing my concerns with Grant's eyes and what challenges we were (are) facing.

At exactly 14 months old in late April, Grant took his first steps! He also got his first "real" haircut!

May brought us Mothers Day, lots of sickness, and a big 15 month old!

June started off with our little guy (finally) getting an RX for glasses!

And the boys were finally out of school for the summer! Thank goodness for no more germs! :)

Harp kicked off the summer with having his tonsils and adenoids removed. Not a fun recovery, but it needed to be done.

In mid June, we celebrated Father's Day! A few days later, Grant's glasses came in!

THE most important thing that happened all year (and in all of his life!), happened at the end of June: Carson asked Jesus into his heart!

In July, I blogged about our summer up to that point, which included celebrating 6 years of marriage (on June 30), and fun beach days.

 In mid July, we had the privilege of witnessing our oldest babe getting baptized. 

August was all about lazy summer days...followed by more lazy summer days! Grant also turned 18 months!

In September, I finally got around to blogging about the boys first day of kindergarten and first grade!

Harper also lost his first tooth in September!

I wrote a Day in the Life post in September, which was fun...I hope to do another one this year!

The end of September we had Grant's annual Craniofacial appointment.

October means Grant turned another month old, and of course Halloween fun!

I hardly blogged at all in November, but I did manage to throw a quick picture post together!

December is such a busy time for us, but I did do a quick update as well as a Christmas post!

I made this very short (15 sec) video from some of my pics on Instagram...It is our 2013 in a nutshell!


2013 was definitely a year of growth for our family...growth in our faith in Christ, as well as in our relationships. I really think and feel with all my being that 2014 will be a year of stepping out of our comfort zone, stepping out in faith. 

We are so grateful for this past year, and are looking forward to what 2014 has in store for our family!

We wish you all a blessed New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!