Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter and Life Lately

Life has been.....going. We'll just leave it at that.

We had a good Easter, although a bit cool and wet! The boys were on Spring Break the week leading up to Easter, which was so nice and relaxing! We had brunch with my MIL and SIL's family Saturday, (along with an Easter Egg Hunt, of course!), and Sunday after church, we had supper with my parents.



The boys both had Easter parties and egg hunts before school got out for break. I love watching them have so much fun! Heres a pic from Harp's class party...I'm not allowed to take pictures of Carson at school anymore ;)


One morning during the boys' Spring Break, I bent down to pick Grant up and shortly after, noticed my back was hurting. I've pulled muscles before, so I wasn't too concerned. However, by the time I got Grant in and out of his seat at lunch, my back was hurting even more....and then when I had to pick him up and put him in his crib for nap....I knew my back was really hurt. I was in a great deal of pain, even texting Kane my concerns about getting Grant OUT of his crib after nap. When the time came, I woke him first and had him stand, but it wasn't enough. Other than childbirth, it was the most excruciating pain I had ever experienced. The pain literally took my breath away. I'm so lucky Carson was home from school...he came in to Grant's room quickly to help, picking a sleepy Grant off of me, getting him distracted, and calling my mom for me. It took a while, but I was able to get up from the floor and make my way to the couch. The next morning was even worse..I spent the next two days icing my back and resting. I'm so thankful for Kane coming home early, my mom who helped me with the boys, but especially for my sweet oldest babe, for his maturity and responsibility in helping me not only around the house, but with Grant. 


Anyways, I'm all better now thankfully...Over the years, when I've been sick or recovering from childbirth, even, I can always manage to just push through any sickness or pain...but this time was different...it was definitely an eye opener for me, thats for sure!

Well, all for now! Leaving you with a picture (or two!) of this cutie!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!